Friday 17 October 2008

The Best Vacation Florida Everglades Airboat Ride

The Best Vacation - Florida Everglades Airboat Ride
By Cynthia Hardin

My husband retired last year, and I have always been a stay at home mom raising the kids. However, our wonderful children have since grown and are living their own lives, so my husband George and I can do what we want to now. Not that we couldnt when our kids were growing up, but you know what I mean we can start having adventures again.

Im always amazed at the fun things George has up his sleeve after all these years. I mean, were in our late 60s and people often mistake us for newlyweds! Can you imagine? George always gives me little hints about our trips and all he would say is that we were going to a Florida attraction Id never guess. He sure was right! George surprised me just last week on our 45th wedding anniversary with a brochure on Cypress Airboats. Never in my life did I imagine Id be riding on any kind of open air boat in the midst of snakes, lizards, alligators, and lord knows what else.

I would have thought George might take me to one of the better-known Florida Attractions like Disney World or Busch Gardens. I am so glad he chose an airboat tour instead! It was so thrilling! George selected an early morning airboat tour, and we had breakfast just before we started. When I stepped onto the airboat, I was really nervous, but George just tucked my arm under his and guided me along like he has all these years. We were able to see alligators, and the only place I ever thought Id want to see alligator skin was on a purse! It was just so exciting. I felt like I could reach out and touch the alligators, but of course, I didnt!

The best part of the airboat trip, aside from having a special tour of the Florida Everglades with my wonderful husband, was when we saw a blue heron. One of our first dates way back when was at a jazz club called the Blue Heron. There is no way George could have anticipated we would see a blue heron on our trip with Cypress Airboats, but it made our tour even more perfect.

If you are considering a trip to Florida, I would definitely recommend Cypress Airboats private tours over any other Florida Attraction. Sure, you could go ride roller coasters and see how movies are made, but those are common events in a persons life and will be logged with all the other memories you often forget. I cant think of any attraction in Florida that is more memorable that the Florida Everglades with their thick vegetation and fantastic wildlife. George and I had such a great time were thinking of going again for our 50th wedding anniversary and taking an even longer airboat tour!

Cynthia Hardin has become a frequent visitor to Cypress Airboat Rides. We are open year round, and offer both private and group tours. Airboat Rides

Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/?expert=CynthiaHardin
http://EzineArticles.com/?The-Best-Vacation---Florida-Everglades-Airboat-Ride&id=317962

No comments: